The Centre for Robert Burns Studies at the University of Glasgow recently secured a major AHRC research grant to produce a multi-volume edition of Robert Burns’s work, which will be published by Oxford University Press. The project, ‘Editing Robert Burns for the 21st Century’, began in 2009, the 250th anniversary of the poet’s birth, and will take at least 15 years to complete. In January 2011 the Centre was awarded the equivalent of £1.1 million by the Arts and Humanities Research Council towards producing the first volumes of the edition.
The project website hosts a number of digital resources produced to compliment the new edition. Songs specially commissioned and recorded by well-known and up-and-coming traditional Scottish artists are freely available for download, as are selected passages of Burns’s prose.
Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of the new Edition are out now. Volume 4 is due to be published in 2019. Click on the covers below for more information.
Other (111) « Downloads
- McPherson's Farewell (696)
- My Girl She's Airy (549)
- O My Luve's Like a Red Red Rose 'Low down in the Broom' (890)
- O My Luve's Like a Red Red Rose 'Major Graham's Strathspey' (1766)
- O My Luve's Like a Red Red Rose 'Mary Queen of Scots' (932)
- O My Luve's Like a Red Red Rose 'Wishaw's Favourite' (894)
- Tibbie, I hae seen the day (512)
- Will ye go to the Indies, my Mary (656)
- Yestreen I had a pint o' wine (715)